current distros for the new user?

Ken Gosier wrote:
> My only reservation is something silly. I watch dvd's all the time on my
> laptop, and I'm not sure if all the legal issues have been sorted yet. Is
> there a dvd player out there that can (legally) play dvd's on linux?

well, you can use libdvdcss2 (available in unofficial repositories for every
major Linux distribution) and then almost anything (I prefer kaffeine and
libxine), but about the legal status of that you should consult your
lawyer. I am doubtful, but I don't care that much (playing my own or rented
DVDs doesn't seem to be that much sin to me).

Matej

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma at jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
like an elephant.