Sharing Files via the web

>> I'm looking for something like that, too. In my case, the users want
>> to guarantee that only one person at a time can edit the shared Word and
>> Excel files, but everyone in the group can have read-only access.

Just for your information -- Excel can do this out-of-the-box (at least
since version 97) -- just go ahead and open the same file on multiple
computers. The first one has RW access, other RO. And if you want to give
RW access to everybody, than go to Tool/Workbook share (or something like
that). I have tried it with a group of people in the temp work I was last
couple of weeks with Excel 2003, and it worked surprisingly well
(considering, that it is from M$ ;-)). I don't know if later versions of
Word cannot do something like that as well.

I am not sure, whether Excel can do this over WebDAV or you need real
network.

Matej

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma at jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

[...] an old man recently told me "Son, I've learned something
new every day of my life, and I'm getting damn tired of it."