Solution to replace Microsoft Live Meeting running on Linux

As Matt S. mentioned, GnomeMeeting does video conferencing, but you might be
able to get away with something much simpler.

If you have a high bandwidth connection, you might be able to get away with
using VNC.  The nice thing about that is there are clients (and servers) for
most operating systems.  It would also allow you to demo things that can't be
shown in powerpoint.  If Live Meeting is clever (i.e. does an a priori transfer
of the entire presentation, then only transmits only slide-transition commands
during a presentation) then VNC will be noticeably slower.

You can set up VNC client/viewers such that they cannot take over the
mouse/keyboard of the host machine.

Matt