Please help me solve an ftp client error

Steve Conley wrote:

>Bill Horne wrote:
>

>>Steve Conley wrote:

>>>Try loading the ipt_nat_ftp and ipt_conntrack_ftp modules.
>>>

>>I'm unable to insmod them and modprobe can't find them either. I've
>>already got the iptables package loaded: where may I download them?
>>
>>TIA.
>>
>>Bill
>>

>Actually, I think they're called ip_nat_ftp and ip_conntrack_ftp, not
>"ipt". Modprobe should find them, if not, try this:
>http://superb-east.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/leaf/Bering_1.2_modules_2.4.20.tar.gz

I ran modprobe -d and it lists ip_conntrack (but not ip_conntrack_ftp)
and ip_nat_ftp. It shows mode: NORMAL for both of these.

The listing also show modules "ip_tables" and "iptable_nat".

I don't know if it matters, but modprobe also reports that

    "/etc/modules.conf is more recent than
/lib/modules/2.4.27-2-686/modules.dep"

HTH.

Bill