[OT] Retirement, 401k, Subcontracting

On 5/19/06, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> wrote:

> Hope this information is helpful.  I'm not sure what to advise you if
> you *don't* go the corporate route, though, since you as an individual
> can't open your own 401k or SEP-IRA.  Maybe a Roth IRA instead?

Actually, I'm self employed as a contractor, not incorporrated, and
opened my own 401k plan at the fidelity center in Burlington last
December.  If you take some time to talk to one of their advisors, you
can do it.  There were a couple alternatives.  It is only paperwork
after you figure out your strategy.  Oh, and cutting a check...

MEG