Vonage

I've been a Vonage user since last October and have to say I'm a very
satisfied customer.  I was subscribing to Verizon VoiceWing (also no
complaints other than the cost) and the transition would have been
seamless had Verizon not hosed up the porting of my old number.  Even
then I just had to setup a forward from the old to the new for a few
weeks until the port was complete.

I can also say I've used Vonage on both Comcast High speed connections
and the low-end Verizon DSL link (768/128) with the same results each
time.  Vonage does offer the ability to modify your connection speed
requirements if you do notice a problem, and after trying all settings I
can say there is no discernible difference in sound quality.  Uptime has
been 100% so far, call completion rate is near 100%.

I've had 5 friends/clients switch over to Vonage from either traditional
land-line carriers or Comcast with no complaints from the lot.  Pricing
at 14.95 for the 500 Minute plan or 24.95 for the unlimited plan makes
this a great deal (even withs comcasts so-called bundle discount).
Billing is direct to credit/debit card.  Equipment is a Linksys RTP300.
I even opted for a soft-phone on my laptop with a separate number for
9.99 a month so I don't have to drag my adapter with me when on the road
(also no complaints with this service and I've tested it from hotels all
over the US and some international locales.)

Features that I love and use daily:
Multiple ring (call one number ring multiple lines [i.e main line, cell
and other])
Voicemail features (e-mail forwarding)
Faxing works wonderfully over the VoIP link.

Hope that covered all your questions, if not please feel free to ask and
I'll do my best to answer.

- --Tim

P.S.  In the interest of fairness, I should disclose that Vonage is
IPOing this month and as an existing customer I was invited to
participate.  I opted to do so, so as soon as the IPO is approved I will
be a shareholder with a financial interest in seeing them succeed.
However, to that point, I would not have invested my hard earned cash if
I did not feel this was a viable enterprise nor if I did not like their
service.