Syncong Palm devices with Linux

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 7:08 am, discuss at blu.org wrote:
> So I got it last night. ?I set it up under Windows. ?There are a couple
> of things to sync to under Linux, so I have to check them out and see
> which is the most powerful. ?I tried to sync under kpilot, and it
> synced, but then id died with SIG11 !!!
I've used both jpilot and kpilot. While I like the calendar is KDE better
than the one in jpilot, I use the memo pad extensively, and kpilot does not
have a memo pad tool. If I recall, I've seen the SIG11 problem with kpilot,
but there was a time when I had a corrupted calendar after I transferred
data from my old Palm device. I found that all the corruption was in
ancient entries (well over 3 years old and my palm data went back to 1994).
BTW: I can sync under Windows, but the Palm desktop crashes.

My recommendation is to use jpilot unless there are some specific features
you want to use on KDE or GNOME. Additionally, there is a date book
application called DateBK5. Not only do I like it's calendar better than
the installed one (like it has search capability and much more), I was able
to locate the corrupted records and remove them while archiving a copy of
the old calendar database.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>