Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:21:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David Kramer" <david at thekramers.net>
Subject: Anyone have a few old hard drives?
To: discuss at blu.org

I'm going to be selling at the MIT Flea this month
(http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest.shtml).

I have two or three old, slow computers that are almost complete, but need
hard
drives.
I would like to put hard drives in them and do a minimal Linux install,
just to show
they work.  I'm only gonna charge a few bucks for these computers (it's
more about
cleaning my basement than striking it rich), so I can't afford to pay for
them, but if
anyone has a hard drive or two that's at least a gig, I would love to take
them off
your
hands.

Aside 1: If you have other computer crap you just want to go away, let's
talk.

Aside 2: I'm thinking of buying one of those emergency car battery/AC
inverter things,
in part to have it, and in part to demonstrate these computers with.  Any
recommendations?  Is that something that's rentable?