Linux Laptop

On Friday 28 April 2006 11:57 am, Matej Cepl wrote:
> I am somehow happy with Dell Inspiron 2200. The price was really sweet
> ($600 after rebate), wifi works with ndiswrapper on Debian/unstable
> (currently sitting in Stata at my wife's office :-)). The only problem is
> that keyboard is really crappy. Falling apart just after less than year
> of service.
A couple of things I did not mention about the HP NX6125. The first is that
the one I bought had a full 3 year manufacturer's warranty I did not know
about when I bought it. (I believe that Dell systems have 90 days). I have
not had the unit long enough to break the keyboard.
My previous Compaq Presario laptop I bought in about 2000 has been banged
on, dropped, and generally treated poorly. It's been used for teaching at
Northeastern, BLU meetings and installfests, trips to various nefarious
locations. The only thing wrong with it is that the power jack is a bit
loose as the result of a fall from a table. A rubber band serves to keep it
up.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group