recording streaming audio

kleiman at math.mit.edu (Steven L. Kleiman) writes:

> During the question period of last night's BLU meeting, I asked about
> recording streaming audio to a file, preferably without involving the
> sound card.  Someone answered enthusiastically that he did it all the
> time using mplayer on the command line, and in fact, wrote a shell
> script to automate the processes.
>
> It seems to me that the script may be of interest to others too.  But,
> unfortunately, I didn't think to get the fellow's name and email
> address.  So I hope this request will reach him, and he'll post his
> script, and tell us how to use.

Perhaps this would be helpful/interestng?

I don't actually use this much, and I don't know if the web scraping
code in here still works or not.

Basically, my program uses "vsound" to capture the audio.

Just another Perl hacker,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit