training

Hi folks,

I am looking for a class that will give me an intermediate/expert level
understanding of the network stack implementation in linux.  I've been
tasked with writing some code that modifies the netfilter portion of the
stack, and it's been a while (<2.2 kernel) since I've been in there in any
real depth.

Constraints:

   - Needs to be 2.6 based
   - Needs to not be geared towards sysadmins or IT weenies (apologies),
   but towards kernel hackers and network programming
   - Needs to be in the lower 48.  I tried to get clearance for a trip to
   Hawaii, but that's not in the cards.

Considerations:

   - Local is good
   - BUT I have a buddy in Austin that I'd like to go visit, and I know
   Austin has some training centers there.
   - I looked at the Red Hat Kernel Internals course, and this seems to
   be a lot of device driver, memory manager, file system, etc., and not a lot
   of networking.  I consider this course the bare minimum that I could get
   approval for, and even that may be pushing it.  I'd prefer a course titled
   "Hack the Stack" or something like that.  I'm just not having luck finding
   it.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

--
Matt Cole, roustabout-at-large