RHEL and Windows simultaneously?

discuss-bounces at blu.org wrote:

> But remember, XP is configured for my existing hardware.  If VMWare
> can simply act as a bridge to bring the XP install as a VM within RH,
> then it may be the answer.
>
> Can it?   I'll also double-check VMWAre's web site for more details.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

My experience (with VMWare and QEMU only so far) is that inside the virtual
machine the hardware is emulated.  The guest OS is not running natively on
your hardware.  Setting up XP as a VM would still require some modification
so that XP would work with the hardware it actually "sees".  Fortunately,
with XP you'll probably either be told or the modifications would be made
for you silently.
 -Don