Virtualization recommendation

On 4/6/2006 4:12 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> VMWare player and VMWare server are free. I have no problem getting licenses
> for workstation. I have no need to run Windows. If I had the requirement
> for Windows, then VMWare would be todays answer. I may try Xen just because
> it is an OpenSource project and would also be skill building on my part

Well, if you don't need to run ms-windows, and this is more for fun that for profit, then I would go and play with and learn xen.

If you can get a vmware workstation license, try it, it's full of yummy, easy to use, graphical stuff.

I'm not sure about the capabilities of either xen or vmware with regard to demanding graphics or audio support.  But that might be a consideration.

The VM Player will only play pre-existing VMs, you can't create your own.  Fortunately, there are are bunch to play with in the Community Appliances section.  FC5 was recently added.

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/