Cheaper good food near LinuxWorld Bostom

On 4/5/06, Bill Freeman <f at ke1g.mv.com> wrote to GNHLUG:

>         If you don't mind a short walk, I found a good place to eat
> (tip from security guard)

Always a good source of local information.

near the convention center: "Fargo Deli, of
> course".  Go out to Summer street, turn right, go one block passed the
> construction for the Weston to D street, turn right, go one short
> block to Fargo street, turn left, the entrance to the brown brick
> building on your left is about a half block down, the Deli is across
> the lobby and to the right.

I've enjoyed their branch operation at Seaport Park in the summer, since
that's 3 blocks  closer to my office on the waterfront. I don't think it's
open yet this year, not sure.

Other options in the Seaport side of the neighborhood -- access via the
ViaDuct elevated road heading north to Boston Seaport/World Trade Center,
pretty much straight opposite the main entrance to BCEC:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=Restaurant&near=14+Seaport+Ln,+Boston,+MA&ll=42.351218,-71.040848&spn=0.004956,0.009484

* Seaport Bar & Grill -- good sandwiches at lunch, with reasonable beer
choices.
* Cathay Corner (next to SB&G) -- passable chinese/oriental.
* NoName -- legendary seafood on Fish Pier itself, can't be beaten for
freshness, eat today's catch today -- good value at lunch, still less
overpriced than the others at night
* FreshCity (at World Trade East) -- sandwich/wrap with lots of vegatables;
funny whipped drinks
* 7-11 & Dunkin Donuts at Seaport/WTC

The Aura restaurant in Seaport Hotel is *not* a cheaper alternative, but
probably the swankest joint in the hood.

If someone needs Starbucks brand coffee only, there's a Starbucks at
ManuLife, on D-street by Seaport.

ke1g de n1vux 73 k

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com
[Disclaimer -- my firm's parent company is invested in the developer of
Seaport properties -- but working for them in the hood is how I know what's
there.]