Yahoo's spam filters

Larry Underhill noted:
> I run a server off my comcast drop at home. I haven't had any problems
> sending mail. If you have a yahoo account address, I'll throw off a test
> mail to see what happens.

I *think* one other aspect of this issue is how many recipients get a given
copy of a message.  It's vexing because I can't come up with a complete list
of all dropped emails--they fall into a black hole, or maybe someone will
report that my message got put into their "Bulk mail" folder.  I just don't
have good data so that's why I'm asking y'all to keep on a lookout for
discarded messages sent to Yahoo mail recipients.  From now on I definitely
plan to ask correspondents to supply me with a different address if they can;
a boycott of Yahoo's free email service seems to me in order if their service
is flaky.

Testing point-to-point to my own Yahoo.com address hasn't demonstrated
anything; I get 100% reliable transfers whenever I try.

Searching Yahoo's website for any information at all about their proprietary
bulk-mail prioritization rules, of course, comes up with nada.

But I suspect that if you send a party invitation to 30 or more recipients,
15% of whom are using Yahoo mail, there's a good chance that at least one
recipient won't get the message.  Multiple copies of a message, even an
innocuous one, could we find themselves tagged as spam.

Not sure how to test this.

-rich