Yahoo's spam filters

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:06:34AM -0400, Larry Underhill wrote:
>> * "smart hosts" relay to smtp.comcast.net
> If you're using a 'smart host' relay, then you're not really sending
> mail from your home mail server. This is the difference in the two
> situations (I'd be willing to bet).

If I read the original post correctly, he also is using the smart host:
> What I now believe is happening is that Yahoo's server is scanning ALL of the
> Received headers, not just the first IP address of the top Received header
> (the server handing off mail to them).  If your message goes through a server
> on any of the block-lists anywhere, it's likely to get tagged as spam.

Even when using the 'smart host', your mail can still be tagged as spam.  Which
seems really silly.

For the record, I have a similar setup with smart-host, and haven't noticed any
problems.  On the other hand, all the mail from my domain to yahoo's domain is
to people who have my domain's addresses in their address book.  That might
have something to do with it.

Matt