Google email/domain hosting - WAS Re: test

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Anthony Gabrielson wrote:

> Google is doing a beta for email hosting.  I have sent email to a few
> domains that were rejecting my home server previously and everyone I have
> checked works so far.  It was simple I just had to redirect my mx records to
> google and it was working.
>
> Anthony

I am curious, from this group, why people trust google to host your domain
and email.   From a safety and security standpoint, if you mail hosted on
your own home machine, you know it is as secure as possible.   There are
some relatively "trusted" hosting providers, such as pair.com, that people
recommend.   How might hosting your domain and mail on google differ from
hosting it somewhere else?   One ansewr could be "why not trust them?"

I do keep in mind that many host provider's financial base and primary
goal is to host your domain.  Google's is not.

I'd be interested in people's points of view.

Thanks.

Scott