i18n

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:14:45 -0500, <dsr at tao.merseine.nu> wrote:

[nb]
>> I'd welcome a summary of what's been done for internationalizing Linux.
>> I'm more interested in Debian, but that's a personal choice; I also
>> respect RH-based distros.

[DSR]
> This
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-l10n.en.html
> might be useful to you.

Many thanks! It's Chapter 8 of the Debian Developer's Reference, and is
concerned primarily, not surprisingly, with matters (especially
translation of text within applications) of interest to developers; I'm
not likely to become a developer, though.

However, it did give a link to what looks like a remarkable document by
Tomohiro Kubota, an intro. to i18n, with Debian orientation (that last is
also welcome):

<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/>

Thanks, kindly!

--