i18n

    JC> It'd be interesting to see this example work  on  linux.   I've  been
    JC> considering  testing Ubuntu, since it's aimed at exactly this sort of
    JC> multilingual user population.  But it would be  interesting  to  find
    JC> some good info on how to do such things right on any system. And Macs
    JC> are nice in some ways; it's too bad that the ad claims fall  down  so
    JC> badly.

I've been using utf-8 on my debian box for my ABC and lilypond files;
the basic toolchain (abc2ly => lilypond => ps2pdf) seems to work well.
Your observation that cut and paste doesn't is true for me as well.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011