Help with squid

I've recently installed Ubuntu on a laptop and want my cell phone to proxy
through it.   I have another machine on my local network successfully
proxying through (access log shows it) but my cell phone, which did show
some success with another program, is not being seen by the access log.

I followed http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/71
which was great with the overall config.   I am getting a 70.x.y.z address
from Verizon Wireless, and set the acl our_networks src to 192.168.1.0/24
and 70.192.0.0/11 but the 70.x range is just not coming through.

What do I need to change in Squid (or elsewhere) to permit it to come
through?  I did also try successful external tests of telnetting to the
machine and squid listening port, but those external tests actually do not
register with the access log.

What am I missing to permit my cell phone to proxy through, and what do I
need to do to permit desired connections to register with the access log?

Thanks.

Scott