Double-irony of the day

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:40:54 -0500, Mark J. Dulcey <mark at buttery.org>
wrote:
[...]
> it became the accepted spelling on that system.

Aha! Mild shame on me for not reading ahead before posting. So *that* is
why. Thanks!

I have, at various times, learned of six companies* that misspelled their
company names. Symantec is the one best known to computer people; it was
derived from "semantic", and a Symantec employee told me that it was
misspelled.
*Not including many along Waverley Oaks Rd. that include "Waverly" in
their company names. ("Waverly" is a correct spelling, too, but not for
Waverley Oaks. It's wrong even on some maps!)

Regards,

--
Nicholas Bodley (Not "Bodly")  /*|*\ Waltham, Mass.
Although the Millenium Hotel misspelled its name,