Linux On Servers

On Thursday 16 March 2006 1:15 pm, John Westcott IV wrote:
> What distro of Linux are people running on their production servers?
> Does anyone run open distros (like OpenSuSE or Fedora) on production
> servers?
> I am looking at a new HP server and wondering if the support of a
> commercial distro is worth it.
We are running and old version of Red Hat on one of the BLU servers and
Fedora Core 3 on the Dell. The following is HP's Linux certification web
site that shows what HP servers support what version of Linux.  Note that
many of these are supported directly by HP.
http://www.hp.com/go/linuxcertification

You can go to http://www.testdrive.com, log into a number of HP servers
running Linux. In my group, we've got a number of engineers who are running
SuSE on their desktop boxes and we have our group server running SuSE Linux
10.0.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group