Double-irony of the day

David Kramer wrote:
> Miscrosoft error getting to the LinuxWorld page
>
> http://www.thekramers.net/tmp/lw06_error1.png
>
> It's a double-irony because I was going to the site to point out that
> they misspelled "kernel" as "kernal" right on the main page.
>
> Fun.

And you misspelled "Microsoft" in your email, adding to the irony.

Obscure historical note: there was one context where the spelling
"kernal" was correct: when referring to the ROM code of the Commodore
64. The developers got the word wrong in the first place, but as the
misspelling was used consistently in all the original C64 programmers'
documentation, it became the accepted spelling on that system.