PHP polling or test-taking sw under LAMP?

This year I hosted my annual Oscar night and have decided that I'm pretty much
*done* with hand-entering the ballots into MS Excel.  Next year I want guests
to cast their ballots into a web page.

Looks to me like there is a dearth of open-source software for doing this;
ironic because many years ago I was at a university that devoted millions each
year into R&D for lessons and test-taking through its Office of Computer-Based
Instruction.

But maybe I haven't looked hard enough.  The Oscars are divided up into 24
categories, and each has a multiple-choice "radio-button" or drop-down of 3 to
5 items.  I want to process the data in a couple of different ways but
basically it boils down to grading a multiple-choice test of 24 questions, and
plotting the percentages of test-takers who chose each answer (remember the
chart shown on Regis Philbin's show when a contestant asks for help from the
audience?)

Any suggestions on PHP scripts for the Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP platform?

Extra credit goes to the person who can point me to a script that I could use
to implement my own eVite-like site for managing potluck RSVPs, where guests
can select menu items from a list.

If none such exists I might get ambitious and roll my own.  Can't be a hard
computer-science problem for an average high-school sophomore learning MySQL.

-rich