Suggestions on notebook

Ed Hill wrote:

>    + they work nicely with ACPI S3 (suspend-to-RAM) sleep
>         which I use 2-3+ times per day (and I routinely
>         have 30+ day uptimes)
>
> so while I'm a lot less than thrilled about the binary-only nature of
> the modules I can say that they work quite nicely for all my needs.
>
> And, AFAICT, everything else about this laptop works nicely with Linux.
>
> Ed

Have you tried swsusp2 for hibernation. I have been useing
Mathias Henslers kernel binaries with swsusp2 compiled in.
It takes some minimal initial configuration that he provides
good documentation for. A restart to where you were takes
less than 30 seconds, maybe faster. I haven't attempted to
set it for lid close yet, but with an old battery I would
prefer hibernate to suspend to ram.

Jim