Suggestions on notebook

I second this. i've had little to no issues with nvidia. twinview is a
charm. 3d accel works great. got XGL rocking the day it my the Ubuntu
repos, with 0 problems, infact, since the gpu is doing more work,
everything feels faster with the XGL effects than with a regular X server.

any ATI's i've delt with have given some sort of problem.