Web designer - equity position

I am working with a pure startup company creating a new interactive site.
Without giving away too much detail, we need:

Someone familiar with PHP and SQL databases (PostgreSQL)

Linux

Scalability -- While I will manage the design of the various services, you
must understand how to reduce SQL query count and understand the various
factors about efficiency.

We are expecting to use "drupal," www.drupal.org, as the basis of the site.

You should be able to create interesting an attractive content.

We are currenly talking to one developer, but he is more interested in
cash than equity. And we are more interested in paying equity instead of
cash.