Any comment for RHCE?

I'm all for RHCE not so much for the certification (which did helped me
get my job) but for the training.  I took the RHCE back in 2002 and loved
it.  The instructors are really quite good and they force you through
exercises that you normally wouldn't try yourself at home.  For instance,
they make you recover from multiple kernel panics (part of the cert.),
have you install and configure multiple services (mail, dns, file, etc.),
and give you a great understanding of the linux file system (/proc, /etc,
/boot, etc..).

At the time, I had played with linux, but never felt that I knew it really
well.  After the course, I felt more confortable that I could administer a
small system myself.  As a matter of fact, we just had a kernel panic at
work on one of our servers and I had to show our IT guy how to fix it (I'm
a software engineer, so I don't really work on that sort of thing).  I was
grateful for the RHCE course to force me through that a few years back.

As for getting just the cert., I think it's usefull if you don't have any
working linux experience (which I didn't at the time).  If you're looking
for a company to trust you with their linux systems and you have no prior
experience, then yes, it helps a lot.

-sam