Debian "certification" Re: Any comment for RHCE?

On 2/9/06, Matej Cepl <ceplm at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Para[l]lel question -- is there any certification for Debian?
> And how [...] seriously taken it is?

The Debian community takes "Debian Developer" status very seriously,
but it's not a "certificate", it's earned membership in the movement.
A Debian-centric employer should, would probably, value DD status
higher than a quality but generic Linux certificate or any off-brand
certificate, whether Debian or generic -- if the employer wants to get
it's patches upstream to avoid later problems, having a DD on staff
sure helps. Of course, contributing enough patches will likely grow
their key employee into a DD anyway, but it's quicker/smoother with an
existing DD.

(I'm sure we've got a couple DD's on the list, they'll probably want
to fine-tune this rough take.)

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com