LinuxBIOS

a company i used to work for did a bit of work with linuxbios and
even shipped a few clusters with it. the blade servers did boot in
under 5 seconds. we found that tyan had the most supported
motherboards, probably because they actually have or had someone
working full time on linuxbios. however, it was always a huge effort
to port linuxbios to new boards, or update the bios on existing
boards. unless you are working on large clusters, we found that
linuxbios was not worth the trouble in a production environment.