Are there *any* good high-end Linux-friendly PDAs out there?

On Mon, February 6, 2006 7:55 am, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     DK> So my aging Sharp Zaurus SL-5500's two batteries are dying.  Each one
>     DK> lasts about 10-15 minutes of use, which is just about enough to look
>     DK> up something twice and maybe enter an address.  Bordering on useless.
>
> Try getting a plug-in battery extender; that's how I use my Zaurus.
> Something like <http://www.semsons.com/pdabatexpocp.html>, which is
> the one I have currently.

Oh, I have something like that ($8 on eBay).  But you have to remember that
I'm trying to use it as a PDA, which means carrying it everywhere.  Having a
lump about half as big as the PDA itself hanging off a cord is rather
impractical if you want to do that.

A replacement battery for the Zaurus is about $40, which I may do to put the
decision off for a little while longer.