THE EMAIL TAX (was Re: Pay to send email...)

There was an article on this on the BBC today and I think we will see
more and more articles on this as corporations are salivating over the
prospects of profiting from every e-mail you send.  Corporations will
start out charging us to send e-mail then at some point the government
will step in and extract a tax from it.  Be prepared to pay through the
nose for e-mail.  I can see it now.  If you want to send an e-mail to
India, it will cost you only $0.05/KB but we have great rates on e-mail
to Mexico for only $0.01/KB.

BBC Article on Paying for E-Mail