Are there *any* good high-end Linux-friendly PDAs out there?

David,

   > DejaPIM does not sync with Linux, only Windows.  GPE is *very*
   > primitive.  Neither comes with the unit, so they are not
   > supported. This is very much not a PDA.  It's very cool, and it
   > has great potential.

In what way is GPE too primitive?  I think syncing should work:

   http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/GpeSync

You have to be running an sshd, but perhaps you were going to do that
anyway.  :)

   > If the hardware had a suspend mode, I would consider buying it and
   > hoping the software would get better.

Hm.  The hardware *does* have a suspend mode: when you slide the case
over the front of the device (I'd love to figure out how this works,
since there's no contact and no light sensor) the device goes entirely
to sleep.  Having this hardware suspend is a disadvantage for me -- it
means I have to leave the screen exposed if I want to play mp3s or have
the device poll for new e-mail while doing other things.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at mrao.cam.ac.uk>    <http://www.mrao.cam.ac.uk/~cjb/>