Are there *any* good high-end Linux-friendly PDAs out there?

So my aging Sharp Zaurus SL-5500's two batteries are dying.  Each one
lasts about 10-15 minutes of use, which is just about enough to look up
something twice and maybe enter an address.  Bordering on useless.

I realized a while ago that, while a Linux PDA is very cool, and I have
taken advantage of the fact that it runs Linux on several occasions, the
PDA software for it is crap (and always will be), and synchronization
with desktop apps offers few alternatives, and most of those take the
Dark Arts to get them to work.  Having all the Linux stuff on there is
great, but I need it to be a real PDA, too.

In casual conversation with others, I hear that Palm is painting itself
into a dark and unprofitable corner with its hardware and software
offerings, Pocket Windows is a joke with respect to stability (well, it
*is* Windows, eh?) and document compatibility with the desktop, and most
of the good Linux solutions seem to be offered in Japan but not the US
(and *still* don't have spectacular software).

So what's left?  Or is the above an overly harsh view of the market?

My must-have needs are:
- Good PDA (PIM) software.
- Capable of doing some kind of word processing with outlining,
justifying, etc.
- Spreadsheet
- Big enough screen to make the previous two feasible
- Built-in or external mini keyboard
- ssh2
- Some kind of encrypted password database, preferrably one that can
sync with something on the desktop
- WiFi and/or BlueTooth
- Plentiful and expandable storage
- IM would be nice
- Email (IMAP) would be nice
- Database would be nice.

And of course it must sync with something useful under Linux in less
than nine steps with no voodoo dolls or dead chicken waving.

I am perfectly willing to pay serious money to get it if I feel it will
do the job and do it for a while.

Oh, and what is the current state of syncing Palm with Linux? What are
the options (I prefer SuSE/KDE if that matters)

Thanks.