Comcast email bounces

discuss-bounces at blu.org wrote:
> I went through this all last week with the server from my ISP, Harbour
> Lights being bounced.  I would call Comcast and get the server off the
> blacklist and within 24 hours it would be back on.  Maybe the FCC
> should be notified as it almost shut down my recruiting company as I
> could not reach any candidates who were Comcast subscribers.
>
> Lori Hitchcock
> Hitchcock Staffing
> 603.766.5627
> Lori at hitchcockstaffing.com

Why the FCC?  Comcast has a right to refuse contact from anyone; it's not a
common carrier.  If they do this indiscriminantly, people will leave: they
need to be careful.  It is possible that someone did use a Speakeasy mail
server for abusive activities; if this is so, the liklihood is that the
server is on a blacklist and is refused by more than Comcast.  Speakeasy
should be able to contact the maintainer of the blacklist once they've
cleaned up the problem.

 -Don