Comcast email bounces

Jerry Feldman wrote:
| On Tuesday 17 January 2006 11:05 am, John Chambers wrote:
| Without additional information, I can't really comment. Some ISPs block
| email from some ISP's served addresses. I initially solved that by setting
| up a relay-host. So, if you are using an MTA on your system, your system's
| IP address may be in the block of IP addresses that Speakeasy (or Verizon)
| requests to be blocked. If you are using a relay-host or using Speakeasy as
| your SMTP host, then the issue is much different.

Shelley is using her Mac's Mail program, which wants a mail relay, so
she's using speakeasy's.  When I looked at the email headers, comcast
gave an IP address for the "abuse", and it was a  speakeasy  server's
address, not ours.

Her real frustration is that she's the captain of a couple of  tennis
teams,  and last night wasn't able to get out messages to a couple of
members who are on comcast, even after a number of  tries.   It  does
seem to be rather random; a message will be bounced N times, and then
it'll go through because you happened to use  a  relay  that  comcast
isn't blocking.

I have done a couple of tests to individual comcast users using  mail
programs  that make a direct connection from our address to a comcast
server, and those messages went through with no failures. So it looks
like we don't have to convince comcast that we're not spammers.