Comcast email bounces

   From: John Chambers <jc at trillian.mit.edu>
   Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:05:14 UTC

   Starting Saturday, my wife (Shelley) started seeing a lot of email
   to comcast customers bounce back with a message saying that we were
   abusers. Our ISP is speakeasy, and she managed to talk to a CS
   person on Sunday who told her that comcast had been doing to this
   to email coming via at least one of speakeasy's servers, but not
   all of them.  I verified that the comcast message headers identify
   a speakeasy server address as the abuser, not our address.

   Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas about a workaround until it
   gets fixed?  The speakeasy people don't seem to know of any.  Their
   suggestion is to keep trying until you get a server that comcast
   isn't blocking.  I did a bit of digging to get some better ideas,
   but it seems that speakeasy only advertises mx.speakeasy.net as
   their mail server, with some hidden magic parceling out the
   messages to the real servers.  This doesn't seem to provide an
   obvious way to avoid the problem.

I had the same problem.  The "workaround" I used was to have someone
else send the email for me.