[OT] Comcast phone service?

On Thursday 05 January 2006 1:45 pm, Larry Underhill wrote:
> Quality: same as POTS to my ears.
In my case, my Verizon line was very noisy and had placed a number of
service calls. One time, I disconnected the home wiring and talked to them
through a phone connected only to the outside wire. Comcast has been
crystal clear and have not experienced any problems except:
I found that some numbers I used to call in my area code (617) I need to
prefix a 1, but at flat rate LD, it does not matter.
The one problem I had was a minor billing one:
Before I switched to flat rate, I had a pool of minutes. I had some calls
being charged as LD when they should have been local. And, I had some calls
show up on my first flat rate bill that I was charged for, but these calls
occurred before I went to flat rate and should have been charge against my
minutes pool. A quick call to Comcast cleared this up. After the first
month on flat rate, everything was ok.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group