[OT] Comcast phone service?

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 21:47 -0500, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> What are people's thoughts/experiences with Comcast residential phone
> service?   How does it compare with Verizon?   What is the call
> quality
> like?   How is the customer/technical service?

Experience: I have used Comcast residential phone service + cable modem
for about 15 months now. Both services have been rock solid. I hesitate
to call myself a "fan" of their service, but I am quite pleased.

Compare: Comcast gets the edge. More digital features at slightly lower
price point. Flat rate local/long distance was cheaper when I signed up.
Don't know about now.

Quality: same as POTS to my ears.

Support: Install was quick and painless. Don't think I've ever had to
call them for phone support... Cable modem support has been hit and
miss.

Number phones: no restrictions that I can see.

Bottom line: thumbs up.

HTH,

--Larry

p.s. My in-laws have had the experience at their house. They have had a
cable modem for about 2 years longer than me and digital phone about 6
months longer than me. My picky, proto-geek father-in-law is very happy
with them.