OT: Paypal's buyer-"protection" process

Alex Pennace <alex at pennace.org> wrote:
> Most money entering PayPal comes in through credit cards.
> The original poster has many, many options available to him that does
> not involve running around town to confirm his product is
> defective. Using MasterCard or Visa "rules"

I don't know whether "most" Paypal money comes through credit cards but I do
know that if you try to pay for "most" of your transactions using credit
cards, a lot of sellers will not be able to collect the funds.  A seller with
a "personal" Paypal account can't collect money funded by a credit card
through Paypal.  "Most" small sellers only use a personal account.

In the past I got tired of the hassle (of sellers writing back to complain
they can't collect funds) and gave in to Paypal's credit-card policy, letting
them take transfers out of a checking account.  In the future I don't know
what I'll do; for the time being I'm boycotting Paypal entirely for any
transaction over $75 or so.

Happy New Year 2006, y'all!

-rich