Verizon FiOS

Steve Seremeth wrote:
> So far (4 or 5 months?) I have been quite happy with the residential
> service except for the port 80 issue.

This podcast:

TWiT Episode 33
http://thisweekintech.com/33

talks about Verizon FiOS briefly at about 50 minutes in. Their take was
that it had good bandwidth, but poor latency.

I recently ran across a bandwidth tester specifically for VoIP:

Bandwidth.com -  VoIP Test
http://www.bandwidth.com/tools/voipTest

and among the things it tests for is latency. (Requires Java.) It
claimed the latency was poor on my Covad DSL connection. Be interesting
to see what it says about FiOS.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro