Strange make/php/apache problem.

David Kramer wrote:
> I ran into one bit of trouble already where the commands worked fine on the
> CLI, but running it through apache gave strange results, and I finally figured
> out the build working directory had to be somewhere under the DocumentRoot
> (prolly an selinux thing.  Gawd I hate selinux.).  Moved the build dir, and
> got past that problem.

If it was an selinux thing, shouldn't you also be able to solve that by
setting the right security context on the original directory?

> /bin/sh: line 0: cd: src/message: Not a directory
> make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
>
> You will notice that:
> 1) src/messages was a directory a nanosecond ago
> 2) It is owned by apache, group apache
> 3) It is 777 (as is its parent)

This may not be the long term solution you'll want to use, but a short
term hack you might want to try is executing your commands via an ssh
connection (using key authentication) looping back to the local machine.
That way you can forcibly change the security context to one you know works.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA