Disk Recovery Part III

discuss-bounces at blu.org wrote:
> "Don Levey" <lug at the-leveys.us> writes:
>
>> Hmm... Mirror the /boot partition too?  I can see mirroring the
>> swap; it seems to be even arguments for and against.  So here's the
>> next question:
>
> DEFINITELY mirror the /boot partition, otherwise you wont be
> able to boot if the boot drive dies.
>
> -derek

Hmm... My plan was, originally, to synch up the two boot partitions after a
successful boot, and have a boot record on each disk.  But (as someone
mentioned yesterday) I can boot successfully from a RAID partition, I may as
well do that.

Then again, I also need to read further on LVM, which I may be doing on top
of the RAID, so this may not be happening this weekend after all...
 -Don