Voip teleophony - Anyone know Packet-8 or others?

    BH> I am using Onelink service: it required two tries with Covad and two
    BH> with Verizon and the best they could do for speed is 980/384. However,
    BH> Speakeasy kept trying until they got it to work, and then they
    BH> discounted the price for me. I recommend Speakeasy for excellent
    BH> customer service, "real world" attitude, and a flexible approach to
    BH> problems.

They didn't seem interested in trying again for me.  And the first
attempt occurred suspiciously close to a 10-day service outage, which
Speakeasy/Covad/Verizon seemed pretty incompetent at communicating
about how to get it fixed, and when it was over, Speakeasy seemed
completely uninterested in talking about what it was about their
system that might have contributed to the problem.  Details at
<http://serpent.laymusic.org/cgi-bin/lconrad/blosxom.cgi/2005/05/12#050512-dsl>

I agree that in general Speakeasy customer service is a cut above most
other places, and they're certainly the only players in the market who
are offering broadband on the terms I want it.  But I wouldn't start
the canonization process yet.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011

If I haven't invited you to the Renaissance Band Christmas Party on
December 18, I'm sure its an oversight.
<http://www.laymusic.org/xmas05.pdf>