Voip teleophony - Anyone know Packet-8 or others?

Laura Conrad wrote:

>    WV> Odd, that; Speakeasy offers DSL in the Boston area through
>    WV> Covad, and you can get no-voice-needed Speakeasy DSL (they
>    WV> call it Onelink DSL). So Covad doesn't require a voice line, I
>    WV> would think.
>
>Speakeasy claims to offer Onelink.  Has anyone actually gotten it?
>When I tried to sign up, Verizon told them the line wouldn't handle
>it.  Details at
><http://serpent.laymusic.org/cgi-bin/lconrad/blosxom.cgi/2005/05/12#050512-nakeddsl>.

Laura,

I am using Onelink service: it required two tries with Covad and two
with Verizon and the best they could do for speed is 980/384. However,
Speakeasy kept trying until they got it to work, and then they
discounted the price for me. I recommend Speakeasy for excellent
customer service, "real world" attitude, and a flexible approach to
problems.

Bill