Voip teleophony - Anyone know Packet-8 or others?

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 12:18:25PM -0500, Kent Borg wrote:
> I recently turned my Verizon service down to the lowest and most
> metered level possible and am saving a lot every month.  (Previously I
> had unlimited service selected in dialup modem days.)  Every call is
> metered, but we don't use our wired phone much for outgoing calls, so
> I think the metered portion of the bill has been under a dime every
> month.  At some point we might do the number portability thing to
> switch our home number to Vonage, but I expect we will keep some wired
> service.  If nothing else, our Covad DSL is very reliable and it
> requires a voice line.

Odd, that; Speakeasy offers DSL in the Boston area through Covad, and you can
get no-voice-needed Speakeasy DSL (they call it Onelink DSL). So Covad
doesn't require a voice line, I would think.

Ward.

--
Pong.be         -( "Fools ignore complexity.  Pragmatists suffer it. Some  )-
Virtual hosting -(     can avoid it.  Geniuses remove it." -- Perlis's     )-