Job searching and AS/400, Computer Operations?

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:

> If you've got lots of experience at tech support and you enjoy
> it, I would strongly advise you to look for another job in that
> field, and take classes aimed more at systems administration.
> Sysadmin and high levels of tech support can both satisfy your
> problem-solving itch and let you continue to deal with people as
> much as machines.
>
> -dsr-

I have actualy had good experience at all levels of what I do, from phone
support, to in-person desktop, to 24x7 server administration, dealing with
UNIX, Windows, and Mac, along with networking and some security stuff.

After my rounds with all that, I found my best place is with the end user
and desktops.  I've never really experienced computer operations,
mainframes, etc., thus my query into that world.

Thanks again.

Scott