[OT?] FYI: WD 250 GB drives $49 + $5

Dunno if this of any interest to folks here but I just saw this:

Good price, questionable provenance?

This is an FYI with a neutral recommendation.

>From woot.com
http://www.woot.com/Default.aspx

250 GB WD drive  $49 + $5 shipping

No Hint as to why these are refurbs.

Warranty: 6 month Woot Warranty

Specifications:

    * 250GB
    * 7200 RPM
    * 2 MB cache
    * EIDE
    * Does not include installation instructions or an IDE cable.
    * Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst transfer rates.
    * Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) technology - improves hard drive
reliability; reduces heat, vibration, and noise.
    * Shock Guard provides outstanding improvements in shock and
vibration protection for WD Caviar drives. Shock Guard allows
instantaneous data protection at high shock values to achieve leading
shock

System Requirements:

    * IDE-ATA interface (40-pin connector)
    * Ultra ATA-capable system

DISCLOSURE: I have no connection with woot whatsoever, and no experience
with using them either.
This is an FYI with a neutral recommendation.

speech recognition software may have been used to create this e-mail