Boston Linux Installfest XVIV Saturday December 10, 2005 Channel 5, Needham

On Dec 1, 2005, at 5:08 PM, John Abreau wrote:

> Drew Taylor wrote:
>
> > As for asterisk, I've installed the Asterisk at home distribution
> > recently and found it very easy to use. I haven't done too much with
> > it, but it found the TDM-400 hardware automatically and I had no
> > problem adding an IAX2 trunk to an outgoing provider.
>

>> In my earlier reply I failed to mention that I would be perfectly
>> happy with it happening in conjunction with the regular
>> installfest.  I agree that there wouldn't be enough need for a
>> separate event.
>> You can use a VoIP provider for network-only calling. voipjet.com
>> will give you a $0.25 credit when you sign up for their service
>> ($0.013/min US). I haven't looked for an incoming-call provider yet.
>> Drew
>
> If you want to coordinate an Asterisk breakout session, and you
> think you can put it together in the next nine days, that would be
> great.

Thanks for the offer, but I really don't feel qualified to be telling
other people how to do it. I've only dabbled a bit. Most of my
experience has simply been through using the AMP - a nice GUI that
goes a long way for something like a small business. Not having dug
down into creating a dial plan from scratch makes me a bit nervous
about offering advice.

But that said, I'd like to be at the installfest anyway. If I am, and
am not busy getting a MythTV box running, I'd be happy to offer pithy
anecdotes about my meager experiences.

Drew