Recommended compiler for Python?

On Thursday 01 December 2005 1:06 pm, Valo S. Gonzalez wrote:
> Thanks so much for your answers.? With regard to Mr. Underhill's
> response: I'm a little confused too.? I know that Linux asked me if I
> wanted Python while I was installing Slackware and I did say yes,
> however, I don't get anything except a short description of what Python
> is from the man pages in Slackware 10.1, and in my Slackware Linux
> Unleashed 3rd edition there's nothing I could find that makes any
> reference to Python at all.? How do I envoke the software/programme, etc,
> needed to start using Python?? Again, your help even thusfar is very much
> appreciated. :-)
The Python(1) command should be sufficient. I don't know what slackware has
for man pages, but SuSE has a decent man page for Python. Go to
http://www.python.org/ for as much documentation on Python as you want.
There are also plenty of books.
Here is a Beginners guide on that site:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide